Friday, November 7, 2014

We're all perfect parents before we have kids...

I haven't blogged in quite a while, given my busy schedule of work and parenting, but I had to share this article.  It seems Ms. Natalie Bree Hajek-Richardson could not tolerate another second of a tantruming young child during her Nordstrom Rack shopping experience.  So she did what any self-absorbed non-parent would do: she told the mother to quiet her child.  This was a bad decision.  An angry exchange ensued, and the mother followed Ms. Hajek-Richardson to the parking lot and punched her in the face.  Although I do not condone the actions of the mother, who should never have resorted to violence, I also think the whole situation could have been avoided if Hajek-Richardson knew enough to keep her mouth shut and not tell a parent, even a bad parent, what to do with their child.  This is a painful lesson for her to learn. 

No comments: